The 3M Electronic Marker System (EMS) consists of durable, passive markers that can be buried over key facilities during construction or used to mark existing facilities during maintenance. The 1420E-iD transmits an RF signal to the buried marker. The marker reflects the signal back to the locator, and the location is indicated with both a visual meter reading and an audible tone.
EMS iD ball markers can be programmed to include customer-specific information such as facility data, type of application, material type and size, placement date and other important details. Programming is performed using the 1420E-iD locator. Details from up to 100 iD markers can be stored with a date/time stamp and can then be transmitted to a PC through a standard RS232 port.
The 3M Dynatel Electronic Marker System (EMS) Marker Locator 1420E-iD is a microprocessor-based system that incorporates advanced digital signal processing techniques to quickly and efficiently locate underground facilities – even years after construction or maintenance.
- Pinpoint the location of all existing models of properly installed underground passive and active EMS markers.
- Estimate the depth of passive EMS markers.
- Direct depth reading of iD markers.
- Locate two marker frequencies simultaneously.
- Read/write capability to store and retrieve user facility data into iD ball-markers.
- Real-time mapping of marker placement when used in conjunction with selected GPS mapping instruments.