MAST is a radio-based system which gives the operator immediate notification of flow change at the receiver as a valve is operated. This gives fast leak identification and quantification, avoiding the need to complete a full step-test for later comparison with logged data.
Step testing is an effective, flow-based method of localizing water loss within a zoned distribution system. Can be used in all networks but is particularly suited to identifying areas of leakage on plastic pipe materials, where leak noise is absorbed and conventional acoustic methods are less effective.
- Water loss localized to a specific area (“step”).
- Portable, high speed, high accuracy systems.
- Single user operation.
- Data storage and valve closures time-synchronised with graphical results.
- Minimal consumer disruption.
- MAST radio coverage up to 6 miles.
- Interface to all standard meter types.
- Instant response to all standard meter types.
- Real-time data indicates flow changes instantly.
PDF of Technical Specification